AEDRA Post-Meal Support
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
- Mark Twain
AEDRA Post-Meal Support is a service designed to actively and effectively hold the space after meals for sufferers of eating disorders. For many sufferers of eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder, the time after eating is very stressful. Anxiety is high, mixed emotional responses are felt, and sometimes unhealthy behaviors are resorted to. AEDRA Post-Meal Support provides sufferers with a companion, a distraction, and most of all reassurance.
Benefits of Post-Meal Support
- Decreases anxiety after eating and mealtimes
- Helps overcome eating disorder behaviors after mealtimes
- Increases the chance of physical recovery by reinforcing meal plan
- Increases the chance of mental recovery by helping the body become nutritionally supported
- Aids weight restoration in underweight sufferers
- Reduces the risk of purging
- Provides reassurance after eating
- Allows sufferers to be supported by someone who understands eating disorders and the levels of post-eating anxiety that ensue.
- Increases positive association with eating which reinforces eating behaviors
- Continues recovery path for sufferers transitioning out of inpatient treatment
- Supplements the treatment provided by a registered dietician or eating disorder therapist
- We use HIPAA compliant VSEE for all Meal Support Sessions